Pumpkin Spiced Latte without caffeine
It's that time of year when pumpkins are available for cooking and now drinking.
Rather then using sugary syrups to create flavor, use natural spices and the real food, the pumpkin and enjoy this drink anytime. This can be made hot or as an iced drink.
3/4 C cashew, hemp or coconut milk
1/4 C water
2-3 Tbsp pumpkin puree
1/2 heaping tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 pinch of nutmeg, allspice, clove, cardamom
1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1-2 tsp maple syrup
1-2 tsp Dandy Blend
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
* If you have a Pumpkin Pie Spice, you can use that instead of the nutmeg, allspice, clove and cardamom..
* For coffee drinkers, add 1 shot of espresso instead of the Dandy.
Directions for a hot pumpkin spiced latte:
1. Prepare the espresso if using coffee
2. Add the plant-milk and water to a small saucepan and simmer.
3. Add the pumpkin puree, spices and maple syrup
4. Whisk til smooth and blend
5. Add Dandy blend and Vanilla and whisk
6. Add more spices, coffee or Dandy to taste and enjoy.
Directions for an iced latte:
Add all the ingredients to a jar with a lid and stir to combine
Add ice, put on lid and shake for 30 seconds.
Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg to taste